- This is a free event – no tickets are for sale. Please save your cash for the local establishments. If you wish to make a donation in support the artwork, please send us an email.
- Bombay Beach is the lowest community in North America at 244 feet below sea level. The “town that once was” is located in Imperial County, just a short drive from many Southern California attractions.
Average drive times:
- Los Angeles/ San Diego -3 hours
- Palm Springs - 1 hour 15 minutes
- Joshua Tree – 50 minutes
- Coachella / Indio – 45 minutes
- Slab City / East Jesus – 30 minutes
- Salvation Mountain – 25 minutes
- All vehicles must be parked at the American Legion.
- No personal vehicles are permitted in town. Please walk or bicycle to all attractions.
- The event begins late morning on Saturday, April 15th and concludes on the afternoon of Sunday, April 16th.
- Click here for a map & schedule.
- Camping is not permitted in the town of Bombay Beach.
- Camping is available nearby at the California State Recreation Area, a 15 minute drive. Check the website to reserve a spot.
- RV camping and "vacation villas" are available at the nearby Fountain of Youth RV Resort.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- This is a non-commercial event. No vending is being planned by the organizers, though it is possible that some of the locals may choose to offer food, beverage, or other items for sale. There are only two restaurants in town: the Ski Inn and the American Legion, which serve bar food / drinks. Otherwise, please plan to bring your own food, beverage, and plenty of water.
- There will be limited porta-potty bathrooms available on site. Bring hand sanitizer and toilet paper.
- Pack It In – Pack It Out.
- There is no trash collection. If you bring it in, plan on taking it out with you.
FIRE & FIREWORKS
- Fireworks, fire, and open flames are forbidden in Bombay Beach.
WHAT TO BRING
- An open mind
- Your bicycle
- Cash – there are no ATM’s in town. All local businesses are cash only.
- Your own drinking cup.
- Trash Bags (Leave no trace! Pack it in, pack it out!)
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Sanitizer
- Layered clothing (temperature fluctuates)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- Credit Cards
- Fire or Fireworks
- Open containers of alcohol
PRESS & MEDIA
Please contact email@example.com. Put “Bombay Beach Press/Media” in your subject line.