WHEN WILL THE 2018 DATES BE ANNOUNCED?
- We wish that we could include everyone, however, the local authorities are enforcing a population cap of 500 people at this year's BBB. In order to comply, we are implementing a ticketing & wristband system.
- Only 500 free tickets will be issued.
- Tickets Bombay Beach residents will be distributed at the community meeting on Thursday, 3/15. Each resident will receive 2 wristbands.
- A limited number of tickets are being offered on our Fundraising Campaign. Donations are tax deductible.
- You must have a ticket in order to get a wristband that will give you access to the art installations, talks, musical performances, and other surprises.
- The event is primarily a celebration for the locals, artists, builders, supporters and volunteers who are transforming Bombay Beach into a year round art movement. Tickets are being made available to these individuals first and foremost. Want to become a volunteer? Fill out THIS FORM.
- DO NOT SHOW UP WITHOUT A TICKET.
- If you don't get a ticket - visit the other 362 days/year. Many of our installations are permanent gifts to the town.
- PLEASE CARPOOL All vehicles must have 2 or more passengers in order to obtain a parking pass. Vehicles with fewer than 2 passengers will be directed to park elsewhere or find other passengers.
- Follow parking signs to park on the perimeter of town.
- Lots that may appear to be abandoned are NOT parking lots. DO NOT park anywhere outside of the areas indicated by the organizers.
- No personal vehicles are permitted in town. Please walk or bicycle to all attractions.
- The schedule will be released only to ticketholding attendees.
- Camping is not permitted in the town of Bombay Beach.
- RV's and tents are not permitted in Bombay Beach. If you arrive with an RV, you'll be directed to the nearby state camping area.
- Camping is available nearby at the California State Recreation Area, a 15 minute drive. Check the website to reserve a spot.
I WANT TO BRING MY OWN ART - WHAT SHOULD I DO?
- Imperial County requires a permit for all art installations. Unpermitted installations cause a risk to our permit. Please contact us if you want to bring artwork and we'll see if it fits within the parameters of our permit.
- ALL LOTS, REGARDLESS OF APPEARANCE, ARE PRIVATE PROPERTY. Do not put anything on land that you do not own
- Please be respectful of the locals and the organizers. If we ask you to move, it is because we NEED you to move.
- Please, don't fuck things up for us by setting up un-permitted art in the public right-of-way or on land you do not own. It could cost us our permit and we could lose our ability to host the event next year. Thanks for your understanding.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
- This is a non-commercial event. No vending is being planned by the organizers, though it is possible that some of the locals may choose to offer food, beverage, or other items for sale. There are only two restaurants in town: the Ski Inn and the American Legion, which serve bar food / drinks. Otherwise, please plan to bring your own food, beverage, and plenty of water.
- There will be limited porta-potty bathrooms available on site. Bring hand sanitizer and toilet paper.
- Pack It In – Pack It Out.
- There is no trash collection. If you bring it in, plan on taking it out with you.
FIRE & FIREWORKS
- Fireworks, fire, and open flames are forbidden in Bombay Beach. DO NOT BRING THEM.
WHAT TO BRING
- An open mind
- Your bicycle
- Cash – there are no ATM’s in town. All local businesses are cash only.
- Your own drinking cup.
- Trash Bags (Leave no trace! Pack it in, pack it out!)
- Toilet Paper
- Hand Sanitizer
- Layered clothing (temperature fluctuates)
WHAT NOT TO BRING
- RV's or Tents
- Credit Cards
- Fire or Fireworks
- Open containers of alcohol
PRESS & MEDIA
Please contact email@example.com. Put “Bombay Beach Press/Media” in your subject line.